Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Welcome Back, Archway Spanish Students!


Dear Archway Parents, 2018--2019


¡Hola! My name is Vanessa Watne and I am originally from Pennsylvania. From my youth, I’ve enjoyed learning about other cultures. I earned my BA in Spanish Secondary Education at Grove City College in Grove City, PA. Following college I had the opportunity to live in Mexico City for over 2 and a half years teaching English as a second language and working with cross-cultural teams that came to Mexico to volunteer in various ways. Through this experience I was able to more fully develop my Spanish. I’ve continued to speak Spanish over the years and have enjoyed more visits to Spanish-speaking countries like Mexico, Chile, Peru, and Costa Rica.


I taught Spanish at the high school level for 3 years before raising my children, and then at the elementary age this past year at Archway. I am excited to continue sharing my appreciation for different cultures and the Spanish language in particular with our Archway students this year. It’s been a delight to see how much the students at the elementary level are capable of learning – in their accurate pronunciation, vocabulary, and overall structure of the language!


In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my husband, Jamie, and our 4 children, Ana, Bjorn, Daniel and Caleb camping, cooking from scratch, reading for fun, being part of our church community, gardening, and hiking, especially in the Southwest winter months!


I look forward to getting to know you and your children this year as we explore the Spanish language together!


Sincerely,


Sra. Watne

Email: vwatne@archwaychandler.org 480-855-6474 Ext. 5143



Spanish class:

3rd grade – Mon & Thurs afternoons

4th grade – Mon & Thurs. mornings

5th grade – Tues & Fri. afternoons