Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Welcome back Archway!

Dear Archway Parents,                                                
           
¡Hola!  Welcome back from the summer.  I hope all of the scholars had a wonderful summer and are ready for an exciting year of Spanish!  

For those of you who don't know me, I am originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  From my youth, I’ve enjoyed learning about other cultures.  I earned my BA in Spanish Secondary Education at Grove City College in Grove City, PA.  Following college I had the opportunity to live in Mexico City for over 2 and a half years teaching English as a second language and working with cross-cultural teams that came to Mexico to volunteer in various ways.  Through this experience I was able to more fully develop my Spanish.  I’ve continued to speak Spanish over the years and have enjoyed more visits to Spanish-speaking countries like Mexico, Chile, Peru, and Costa Rica.  I hope for many more visits to these places and more in the future!

I taught Spanish at the high school level for 3 years before raising my children, and then at the elementary age the past 2 years at Archway.  I am excited to continue sharing my appreciation for different cultures and the Spanish language with our Archway students this year.  It’s been a delight to see how much the students at the elementary level are capable of learning – in their accurate pronunciation, vocabulary, and overall structure of the language! 

In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my husband, Jamie, and our 4 children, Ana, Bjorn, Daniel and Caleb,  camping, cooking from scratch, reading for fun, practicing my classical guitar, being part of our church community, gardening, and hiking, especially in the Southwest winter months! 

I look forward to getting to know you and your children this year as we explore the Spanish language together!
Sincerely,

Sra. Watne
vwatne@archwaychandler.org                          
480-855-6474  Ext. 5143
https://quizlet.com/ACCSpanish345                                   

Spanish class
3rd grade – Mon/Thurs. afternoons
4th grade – Tues/Fri. mornings
5th grade – Tues/Fri. afternoons