Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

¡¡Bienvenidos!!

¡Hola! My name is Vanessa Watne and I am originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I earned a BA in Spanish Secondary Education at Grove City College. My love for Spanish and learning about other cultures led me to seek out as many opportunities as possible to visit other countries. Following college I lived in Mexico City for over 2 and a half years doing not-for-profit work. Through this experience I was able to more fully develop my Spanish. I’ve kept up with it over the years through friendships and visits to Spanish-speaking countries like Mexico, Chile, Peru, and Costa Rica.

I have always loved learning and education and following my time in Mexico, I completed a Master’s in Counseling at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO. After this, I entered back into education as a high school Spanish teacher in Missouri for 2 years, and then 1 year here in town at Corona Del Sol High School, after I married my husband, Jamie.

I am very excited to teach your children with the immersion-style program after 13 years staying at home raising our 4 children: Ana, Bjorn, Daniel and Caleb, who are all now attending Chandler Prep and Archway Chandler.

Some of my personal interests are gardening, traveling, cooking traditional foods, nutrition, reading good books, learning new things, going on hikes, camping with my family and being outside as much as possible, especially in the Southwest winter months!


Sra. Watne

480-855-6474 Ext. 5143